UPS Teamsters are proud to be serving our customers and our communities during the COVID-19 crisis. We need management to step up too.
UPSers are speaking out and coming together to demand that the company address unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
Every day, UPS is violating CDC and OSHA guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19:
The CDC says employers should:
- Do frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Provide hand sanitizer if bathrooms aren’t immediately available
- Increase the physical distance among employees
- Provide Personal Protect Equipment, including gloves, face masks, and respiratory protection, when appropriate
- Have a clear policy on reporting COVID-19 exposure to the workforce
We are breaking the Brownout and putting pressure on UPS to address member's concerns. An NBC report exposed the gap between the company’s spin and the conditions we face every day.
NBC reports that our UPS Teamsters United petition helped win two weeks (10 days) of paid leave after management initially said employees affected by COVID-19 would have to take an unpaid leave.
Now, UPSers are speaking out to demand immediate company action to protect the health and safety of UPS Teamsters and the public.